Nutritional Info: Dietary Fibre, Vitamin B6, Pantothenic Acid, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Zinc, Vitamins C, E, A and K. Folate, Potassium, Copper, Manganese, Copper, and a great source of Thiamin.
- 1 radicchio: treviso if it’s in season. (If not available use 2 witlof, it’s the bitter flavour we want)
- 200g frozen green peas defrosted
- 1 bag baby rocket leaves
- 1 whole pomegranate, seeded (see note)
- 1 bunch mint, coarse chopped
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Maple syrup
- Orange juice
- In a large salad bowl add the dressing ingredients and whisk briskly to incorporate all of the maple syrup. Taste for seasoning and adjust.
- Chop the bitter leaves into 1 cm slices and add to the bowl with the rocket, mint and peas. Toss gently.
- Garnish with the pomegranate and goat cheese.
Note: the best way to seed a pomegranate is to halve it and roll the skin back, then roll the pith away from the seeds. It’s best to do it over the sink so the juice doesn’t splash everywhere.