Shortbread is one of my weaknesses. There’s some days I have cravings for a nice hot cup of tea and a shortbread biscuit… Now there’s a guilt-free alternative with our Peanut Butter Cinnamon Love Biscuit recipe.
Vegan, gluten-free and made without refined sugar, these treats resemble shortbread biscuits – without the unhealthy ingredients. Yay!
This healthy biscuit recipe makes about 20 biscuits:
- 1 cup all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, softened
- 3 Tbsp. agave
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Stir contents on small bowl into large bowl and mix thoroughly (with an electric mixer or use your hands and knead like dough).
- Use a rolling pin to roll dough out on clean surface until 1/4″ thick.
- Use a biscuit cutter to cut shapes.
- Place biscuits on baking sheet. Bake for 7-10 minutes (depending on thickness of cookies), until edges are golden.
- Let biscuits cool completely and sprinkle with cinnamon.