We invited blogger Kris from Her Collective to join us at the launch event for Hivita Luminous White and to trial the Hivita Luminous White Skin Lightening Collection for herself. Here she shares her experience and before and after photos with us.
I am a big skeptic when it comes to beauty products. Over the years I’ve had to keep my beauty regime really simple because my skin has a tendency to flare up when I use products.
So when I was asked to review the latest in skin care, Hivita’s Luminous White age defying system, I agreed. But not before reading up on the science behind it, which I found fascinating especially since it’s been 10 years in the making.
This is what I learned about the product during their launch in Melbourne:
- Hivita Luminous White Skin Lightener is the first oral health supplement in Australia to be based on a patented ingredient called PhytofORAL, which has the ability to absorb light within the UVA/B range. It serves as a natural sunscreen, protecting against UV damage, photo-oxidation and sunburn. It also acts as an anti-oxidant to protect against free radical damage.
- The whole skincare system is based on caring for your skin from the inside and out. Aside from the anti ageing cream that you apply twice a day, you take a daily supplement to go along with it. The colourless carotenoids in the skincare system were found from the white tomato – all natural and GMO-free. All very scientific.
When I started using the Age Defy cream I wanted something that would even out my face. I have blotches around my face and patches of darker skin here and there, probably from being in the sun. I’m not a sun person and I stay away from it as much as I can but it can’t be avoided sometimes. I like that the product has protection from UV damage and sunburn. But a couple of things stood out for me:
- First, I had no reaction to it, which is a good sign. Usually I get a rash or red patches on my face when I try a new product.
- Second, it was easy to apply and has no smell. I’ve backed away from previous products because it took too long to apply and it smelled too strong.
- Third, the before and after picture (30 days later) was remarkable, even I was surprised. Blotches were fading, the lines were subtler and my skin was more moisturised. All good results.
- Fourth, I’ve had no side effects since I started using it so that’s always a good sign.
The product’s claims are true and I think it’s a good one to invest in.