Healthy Snickers Bar- yes that’s right. We’ve teamed up with Jacqueline Alwill, Nutritionist and Author of The Brown Paper Bag, to create this healthy and delicious snack recipe- because healthy snacks don’t have to be boring!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Vegan, which means everyone gets to enjoy it!
- 2 cups fresh dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buckwheat or puffed rice
- 1 cup unsalted roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch sea salt
- Place the dates, peanut butter and vanilla in food processor and blitz until mixture comes together to form a paste.
- Combine date mix, buckwheat and 1/2 the peanuts in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Line a loaf tin with grease proof paper, spread mixture evenly into tin and place in freezer to set.
- Combine coconut oil, cacao powder, maple and sea salt in a separate bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour chocolate mix over the set date mix, sprinkle with remaining peanuts and place back in freezer to set for an hour.
- When ready, slice into 20 small pieces and serve. Store in fridge or freezer up to 3 weeks.