Healthy Snickers Bar - yes that's right. We’ve teamed up with Jacqueline Alwill, Nutritionist and Author of The Brown Paper Bag, to create this healthy and delicious snack recipe because healthy snacks don't have to be boring!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Vegan, which means everyone gets to enjoy it!
- 2 cups fresh dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buckwheat or puffed rice
- 1 cup unsalted roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch sea salt
- Place the dates, peanut butter and vanilla in food processor and blitz until mixture comes together to form a paste.
- Combine date mix, buckwheat and 1/2 the peanuts in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Line a loaf tin with grease proof paper, spread mixture evenly into tin and place in freezer to set.
- Combine coconut oil, cacao powder, maple and sea salt in a separate bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour chocolate mix over the set date mix, sprinkle with remaining peanuts and place back in freezer to set for an hour.
- When ready, slice into 20 small pieces and serve. Store in fridge or freezer up to 3 weeks.